National Pain Week is an annual awareness event coordinated each year by Chronic Pain Australia. Chronic Pain Australia are a non-profit health promotion organisation whose mission is to reduce the unnecessary suffering and isolation caused by chronic pain in the Australian community.
This year’s theme is: Awareness, Accessibility and Affordability
SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS
Please contact the Community Rehabilitation Centre via Arapiles Reception for further information about the Integrated Pain Service.
83 Baillie Street Horsham Vic 3400
Ph: 03 5381 9333
Fax: 03 5381 9330
SERVICE DESCRIPTION / OVERVIEW
The Wimmera and Southern Mallee Health Service is a multidisciplinary team including a GP Specialist in pain management, a physiotherapist, occupational therapist and psychologist.
The service provides coordinated education, training and support to help clients learn to live well with pain.
What does the program involve?
1. An introductory session that describes how we now understand pain; what causes persistent pain and what can be done to better manage this. Clients are then be able to choose your next step.
2. Attend a health screening assessment with our coordinator to help find out more about the client’s story and areas for us to explore with them.
3. Depending on needs and interests, they may then:
- Undergo full multidisciplinary assessment and treatment as required with members of the pain team (Doctor, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Psychologist).
- Participate in our pain education and exercise groups
No fees are charged
Wimmera and Southern Mallee
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Be experiencing chronic pain (which means that it’s been around for more than three months).
- Be interested in how to better manage your pain.