SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS
83 Baillie St, Horsham, Vic, 3400
Tel: 03 5381 9176
SERVICE DESCRIPTION / OVERVIEW
The Health Promotion Alcohol and Other Drug Coordinator sees people who have come through the Emergency Department at WHCG.
- be understanding and supportive of people using alcohol or other drugs;
- provide advice on harm minimisation;
- refer to community Alcohol and Other Drug services for further support if desired;
- follow up with patients admitted to inpatient wards;
- provide phone contact with patients admitted and discharged from ED outside usual working hours(including weekends)
- serve as a resource person for clinical staff on Alcohol And Other Drug health issues
- liaise with other health care professionals regarding patient care issues.
7am - 3.30pm Monday to Thursday.
Trying to Quit Smoking? Here are over 100 Reasons to Quit Smoking
Are you worried about your alcohol consumption? This self-complete screener can help identify if your alcohol consumption may be putting you at risk of alcohol-related disease or injury.
No Fees charged
This service is available to patients entering through the Emergency Department. This includes those who have been admitted to a ward.