SERVICE CONTACT DETAILS
83 Baillie St, Horsham, Vic, 3400
Tel: 03 5381 9176
SERVICE DESCRIPTION / OVERVIEW
The Health Promotion Alcohol and Other Drug Coordinator sees people who have come through the Emergency Department at WHCG.
- be understanding and supportive of people using alcohol or other drugs;
- provide advice on harm minimisation;
- refer to community Alcohol and Other Drug services for further support if desired;
- follow up with patients admitted to inpatient wards;
- provide phone contact with patients admitted and discharged from ED outside usual working hours(including weekends)
- serve as a resource person for clinical staff on Alcohol And Other Drug health issues
- liaise with other health care professionals regarding patient care issues.
7am - 3.30pm Monday to Thursday.
Trying to Quit Smoking?
Here are over 100 Reasons to Quit Smoking
No Fees charged
This service is available to patients entering through the Emergency Department. This includes those who have been admitted to a ward.