Service Contact Details
83 Baillie St, Horsham 3400 VIC
Tel: 03 5381 9333
Service Description / Overview
The Continence Service aims to assist people with incontinence (inability to control the bladder or bowel), their families, carers and health professionals in understanding and managing incontinence.
The service helps you:
• To understand you’re your continence concerns.
• To find ways to manage your continence concerns.
• By providing special equipment such as bedwetting alarms
• By assisting you in accessing continence aides and funding.
9.00 am - 4.30 pm, Mon - Fri. Appointment required.
If you experience any of the following you should seek help:
• Do you sometimes feel you have not emptied your bladder?
• Do you have to rush to the toilet?
• Are you frequently nervous because you think you might lose control of your bladder or bowel?
• Do you wake up twice a night or more to go to the toilet?
• Do you sometimes leak before you get to the toilet?
• Do you sometimes leak when you lift something heavy?
• Do you sometimes leak when you exercise or play sport?
• Do you sometimes leak when you change from a seated or lying position to a standing position?
• Do you strain to use your bowel?
• Do you sometimes soil your underwear?
• Do you plan your daily routine around where the nearest toilet is?
Continence Service Team consists of:
• Registered Nurse
• Continence Nurse Advisor
There is a nominal fee that will be discussed with you on your first visit.
Horsham Rural City Council (HRCC)
Available to residents, of any age, living within the HRCC region who suffer from incontinence.